Sunday, October 2, 2011

One Week!

Thank you!





Those words do not seem to suffice in explaining how thankful I am for my friends and family who have come out to show their support at a number of going away parties, dinners, movie dates, and lunches.  The strength and support that you guys have given me is truly something special.  I've truly had a blast partying, chillin, and just tying up loose ends with everyone.  The past couple of weeks have been amazing.  Thank You!


Yesterday was the source of a lot of pressure and craziness, but thankfully yesterday is yesterday and not tomorrow.  The LSAT has come and passed and I really hope that I was able to pull a rabbit out of the hat. After weeks of studying and preparing on top of farewells and packing, I can finally relax a bit. Relax for approximately one week and then head off to staging and Burkina Faso. SEVEN DAYS. Life just got real!

On top of everything going on I ended up having to say goodbye to my family a lot earlier than anyone had wanted. The family will be vacationing outside of the country until the day of my departure. Unfortunately, when their return flight lands, I will already be in staging. Having to say goodbye the day before the LSAT did not help matters at all and it was really tough. At least that part is over with and I know that they are having a blast on their much needed vacation. 

PACKING!!!!!!
"The Peace Corps’ allowance is two checked pieces of luggage with combined dimensions of both pieces not to exceed 107 inches (length + width + height) and a carry-on bag with dimensions of no more than 45 inches. Checked baggage should not exceed 80 pounds total with a maximum weight allowance of 50 pounds for any one bag."
I never thought packing would be soooo difficult. This is crazy! Packing for two years... rainy season, cold season, hot season, bike helmet. How on earth do people figure out what they need/want to bring. There are suddenly a million things to think about. "Do i really need that frying pan that current PCVs suggest?" orrr "Howabout that sleeping pad and/or pillows". The possibilities are endless, but I managed to get a rough pack in. Totaling 50 lbs, I still have about 30lbs of freedom remaining. Hmm what to do what to do?

If I could get britt to lose about a 90lbs of weight, I could fit her in a suitcase... hmmmm........

The possibilities are endless



1 comment:

  1. Everyone that you have thanked has been blessed to have gotten to know you.

    You are gonna have an amazinggg time! :D And you have a bazillion people here rooting for you. A ton of people here to support you no matter what.

    PS- You know I wish I could do that and sneak into your luggage. Maybe you can cut down on some luggage and then we'll talk ;)

    <3

    ReplyDelete