Saturday, September 3, 2011

FREAK OUT. dun dun dunnnnnn

Completely and utterly freaking out! It may just be me, but it seems overwhelming that in exactly 5 weeks, I will be leaving my home here in the States for two years. The time for second guessing and failure anxiety have long since passed and it is time to get focused and ready.

With 5 weeks remaining I still have the majority of my packing to do and a lot of shopping.  (How essential are portable solar panels for electricity? Everyone seems to have em but they are EXPENSIVE!). I've been told not to expect running water or electricity, but how exactly does one prepare for such things?

As the date approaches, I realize how unprepared and how little I really know about where I am headed.  Luckily, its not just me. I met up with another volunteer going over with me and we are both pretty clueless.  WHAT UP PEACE CORPS!?!?!?   The application process was pretty lacking of useful information and now the actually job is equally lacking.  In its own right this is all really exciting and feels spontaneous, but helpful suggestions would be nice as well.  

Updates- Studying for October 1st LSAT, Working as slave at country club, packing, buying solar panels and other random accessories, and trying to spend as much time with the important people. What do they all have in common?

A long but fulfilling 5 weeks that will probably pass in the blink of an eye.

Passing the time by watching the following video and attached channel.

1 comment:

  1. Baby get pumpedddddd! You have everything you need to go out there and be successful. :) I have faith in you!

    ReplyDelete